The Buying Process
We’re with you every step of the way.
We have developed a strong reputation throughout the years and today Monks is the leading estate agency in Shrewsbury, Wem, Oswestry and across Shropshire. Our team of professionals has more than 130 years’ combined estate agency experience, offering an unparalleled service, personal approach and superior local knowledge. We take pride in the skill and experience of our team and pleasure in providing the best possible advice, support and ongoing expertise every step of the way.
Many people will tell you that buying a home is stressful. But we don’t agree. We make the experience much easier by helping you through every stage of the process. Here are some tips to start you off – and we’re always on the end of the phone or email if you have any questions.
- Before you start viewing any properties, find out how much you can borrow. We work with independent financial advisors who’ll let you know what you can afford and show you the best deals from a range of lenders.
- When you know your price range, we set up viewings of properties you’re interested in.
- Once you’ve found a property you want to call home, we will work with you and the Vendor on negotiating an agreed purchase price.
- When your offer’s accepted, we issue an official sales memorandum to all parties, including solicitors – we can recommend local solicitors we work with every day.
- If you’re having a mortgage, your lender arranges an independent valuation of the property. If you’re not having a mortgage, we can recommend a panel of local surveyors to carry out a survey of the property.
- Your solicitors carry out local searches, which will highlight any concerns in the area around the property.
- When you’ve received your mortgage offer, you’ll need to arrange buildings and contents insurance, which your financial advisor can help you with.
- Your solicitor tells you when they need the deposit, and sets a date to exchange contracts. This legally binds you into the sale of the property.
- Completion date (the day the property becomes yours) is generally a week or two after the exchange of contracts. Once you know the date, you’ll need to book your removals – again, we can help with recommendations.
- On completion day, we let you know when everything has completed and arrange for you to collect the keys. This usually happens around lunchtime, giving you the afternoon to move in.
Always wanted to build
your dream home?
Why not buy off-plan.
If you like the idea of working with the developer and creating something unique for you then your journey begins with completing this form: