Some may say that renting a home is stressful. But we don’t agree. As a leading estate and letting agents in Shrewsbury, Wem & Shropshire, we make the experience much easier by helping you through every stage of the process. Here are some tips to start you off – and we’re always on the end of the phone or email if you have any questions.
- Before you start viewing any properties, find out how much your monthly outgoings are likely to be – which can include monthly rent, utility bills, council tax etc.
- When you know your affordability, we set up viewings of properties you’re interested in.
- Once you’ve found a property you want to call home, we will work with you and the Landlord in processing the initial application.
- You will need to complete an application form, which will require details of your annual income and outgoings.
- You will need to provide contact details for references
- Credit searches will be carried out to ascertain your eligibility for the property.
- Once your application has been accepted we will work with you to arrange a mutually convenient moving in date and at that point a holding deposit will be paid – (equivalent of one week’s rent).
- An assured Shorthold Tenancy will be drawn up, along with a full inventory and schedule of condition of the property.
- On moving in day the balance of the deposit – equivalent of one month’s rent will be paid – this is then protected within the Deposit Protection Scheme.
Always wanted to build
your dream home?
Why not buy off-plan.
If you like the idea of working with the developer and creating something unique for you then your journey begins with completing this form: